The Reappearing Combo
Effect: Cards are eliminated by the audience but somehow appear at the end. Combination of a couple of tricks on Card Trick Central.
1. Let someone pick one card out of a deck at random.
2. Cut the deck with your right hand so that only three cards remain in your left hand. As you tell the spectator to put the card back in the deck, hold the cards in your right hand directly above the others so that he (or she) can't see clearly how many c
rds are in your left hand.
3. Hold up the deck and show the bottom card to the spectator. Ask if this is his card. It won't be. Turn the deck face down. With the second finger of your right hand, slide out the bottom card (the one he said wasn't his) and place it on the table. (You are starting to make a pile of five cards.) Remove the next card from the bottom and place it on top of the deck.
4. Step four is where the trick comes in. Repeat step three, but this time after you show the bottom card and apparently lay it in the card on the table, you actually slide the bottom card back slightly with your left fingers under the deck and, with your right hand, slide out the next card and put it onto the pile. This is actually his card. Then remove the next card from the bottom and put it on top of the deck.
5. Repeat step 3 until you have five cards in the pile on the table.
6. Hold up the five cards together so that the spectator sees the bottom card. Ask if this is his card. It will not be. Turn the deck down and (as in step 4) slide the card back and instead remove the next card and lay it on the table. This is his card.
7. Repeat the above steps until there is a new pile of five cards.
8. Hold these cards in your hand, face down, and tell the spectator that he just agreed that all five of these cards were not his.
9. Lay the cards down on the table, counting them out loud, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. This will leave his card on top.
10. Turn the five cards face up and tell the person to hold them face up, pinching them fairly tightly between his thumb and index finger.
11. Slap the cards in the person's hands. The only one that won't fall is his card.