The Four Ace Extravaganza
Preparation: Remove the four aces from the deck and the cards 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (any suits). Put the four aces on top of the deck. (Later they'll be found in order from the top down.) Put the other eight cards in order from 2 through 9 and place them on top of the aces. Starting with the top card, the deck should be 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,A,A,A, then the rest of the cards. Now you are ready!
1. Bet the audience that they can find all the aces. Shuffle the deck,
aking sure that the top 12 cards stay in order on the top. (The audience won't notice, I guarantee.)
2. Ask a member of the audience to name a number between 10 and 20 (not including 20). Count that many cards one at a time face down onto the table.
3. Now ask him (or her) to add the 2 digits of his number together and state the sum. Pick up the cards on the table and count that many cards back onto the deck.
4. Remove the NEXT card and lay it face up on the table (it will be the first ace). Place the remaining cards on top of the deck without disarranging them!!!
5. Shuffle again without disarranging the top 11 cards and repeat steps 2-4 TWO more times!!
6. Now place the deck face down in front of the person and tell him to think of a number between 1 and 9. Have him count that many cards face down onto the table and turn the last card dealt face up.
7. If he thought of 9, he'll turn up the Ace. When this happens it makes the trick better, but it usually doesn't. If he thought of another number, he'll turn up a 9, 8,7,6,5,4,3, or 2. Tell him to deal off that many cards--counting the turned-up card as the FIRST--and the last card he deals will be the fourth ACE!
8. It's a good trick but don't do it more than once for the same audience.