The Amazing Switch
ffect: A spectator chooses a card & is asked to put it face down onto the table under he/she's forefinger. The magician then takes the top card off of the deck and shows it around. The magician then taps the spectator's hand with the card, and to everyone's surprise, it has changed to the selected card! The spectator looks under he/she's finger and finds the other card!
Preparation: You must have two of the exact same card on the top of the deck (such as two copies of the Jack of
1. Have the spectator choose a card from somewhere in the center of the deck.
2. While the spectator is looking at the selected card, secretly palm the top card of the deck.
3. Have the spectator place their card on top of the deck.
4. Square up the pack, secretly placing the palmed card on top of the selected card.
5. Secretly lift up the top two cards as one, and explain that you will put the selected card face down on the table and the spectator will put their finger on top.
6. Put both of the cards on top of the deck, and then put the top card on the table and have the spectator put their finger on top.
7. Again lift up the top two cards as one, and put both cards back on top of the deck. Lift up the top card and tap it on the spectator's hand.
8. Turn it over, revealing that it has "changed" to the selected card.
9. Have the spectator turn over the card under their finger, and it is the other card!