Real 4 Aces Variation
Description: Set up the cards as in the original trick except that you have from the top of the deck the values 10 through 2 and then the Aces. (Note that the order is reversed from the original.)
1. Follow the original trick through step 1.
2. In step 2, if the spectator's number is 10-19, follow the instructions above except that after adding the digits and dealing the sum back onto the deck, you turn up the LAST card dealt rather than the next card. If the spect
tor's number is 20, divide it by two instead of adding its digits. This gives you 10, so you count off 10 cards and turn up the NEXT card.
3. Follow step 4 and 5, but with 5 you do this THREE more times, for four aces not just three as indicated by the original trick.
4. In step 6, have them pick a number between 1 and 10, not 1-9. Try to make sure through patter or diversion that they do not pick the number 1, since all the aces are out face down in front of them.
5. While they are deciding on a number between one and 10, quickly and secretly take a card from the bottom and put it on top of the deck, to represent the number 1 in your count.
6. Count down to the number they chose, leaving the card at that number on top. After you reveal all the aces or have them turn them over, ask what number they picked. Turn over the top card from the deck and astonish them with the extra bonus.