Effect: A card is selected by a spectator. The spectator is then asked to put their card face down on the table, with their finger on top of it. The performer takes a card such as the jack of hearts and rubs it face down on the table. When the jack is turned over, it is seen to have changed to the selected card! When the spectator looks at the card under his finger, he finds the selected card!
Preparation: You must have a double of any card (such as the jack of hearts). Put the duplicates on top of the deck.
1. Have the spectator freely select any card from somewhere in the center of the deck.
2. Secretly palm the top card (the double of the jack of hearts), and have the spectator put the selected card on top of the deck.
3. Secretly put the palmed card on top of the selected card.
4. Execute a double lift, and place the top card face down on the table, having the spectator put their finger on top of it.
Note: The spectator thinks they have their finger on top of the selected card, but they really have it on top of the jack of hearts!
5. Once again execute a double lift, this time rubbing the top card face down on the table.
6. Turn over the card in your hands to reveal that it is the selected card.
7. Have the spectator turn over the card that's under their finger.
8. Thank the audience for their applause!
Next: Quick Counting
Previous: Presto Pass