Where's the Card?
Effect: Spectator picks a card from deck and magician finds it. Magician then lays out four cards which are different from the one the spectator picked. Finally, magician causes selected card to reappear.
1. Finding the card: tell spectator to pick a card and put it back on top of deck. Then take deck and put it behind your back. Turn top card over.
2. Bring deck out and show the bottom card to spectator; ask if it's the same suit as their
chosen card (ask any question... it's just a decoy.) Since the card chosen by the spectator is facing you, you now can glance at it and memorize it.
3. Disappearing card: don't reveal the spectator's chosen card yet. Turn your whole body so the spectator can't see what you're doing and take the chosen card from the deck and place it at either the 2nd, 4th, 6th, or 8th position from the bottom of the deck. (Let's say the 2nd.)
4. Turn around again and show the bottom card (which is not spectator's card,) and ask if that's their card. They'll say no. Take that card and place it on top Take their chosen card (which is the 2nd card,) and put it on the table. Do this until you have 3 more cards laying on the table. Spectator will think their card is not on the table.
5. After a big build-up, reveal that the spectator's card is now among those on the table. They will be surprised!