Effect: Each of your 2 spectators gets half a deck of cards. The person is instructed to mix the cards, then choose a card from the pile. The 2 piles are then placed on top of one another, and the dealer starts to deal out the cards face up. After some difficulty, the magician finds 1 of the cards, then, spreading the rest of the cards face down on the table, the magician pushes out the other chosen card with the first one.
1. The magician splits the deck into 2 even piles of 26 c
2. He then asks for 2 chosen spectators to mix the cards however they want.
3. The magician asks each of the spectators to look at the bottom card, but to ignore the cards suit and just remember the cards number value. (Jacks=11, Queens=12, Kings=13, Aces=1)
4. Now, the magician asks each person to deal face down from the top of their half of the deck the number value of the bottom card.
5. Next, have each person flip over the top card which they dealt onto the table, and remember what the card was (this time, make sure that the assistant remembers the suit, and the type of card it was).
6. Have them place the card back on top of the dealt cards.
7. Now, have one of the assistants place the half of the cards which he did NOT deal onto the table on top of the other assistants pile which he dealt onto the table.
8. Have the other assistant do the same thing.
9. Ask one of the assistants to place their whole pile of cards on top of the other assistants pile of cards.
10. Now, deal out cards face up in a row, counting the first 12 to yourself.
11. Here is the hard part. As you turn over the next card, think to yourself, King, if it is a king , the next card you deal may be one of the chosen cards.
12. As you deal up the next card, think queen, and if it is not a queen, deal out another card, and think Jack. Continue this process, until you get down to the number 1.
13. If by some chance you get more than one hit, (when there is more than one card corresponding to the card thought as you were dealing the cards onto the table) as soon as you get the 2nd hit, ask if either of the assistants cards have shown up yet, if they say yes, then their card is the card directly after your first hit.
14. If no, then possibly it is the next card which you deal onto the table. If they get no more hits, then it is.
15. Once you have one card, take it out, and spread the rest of the cards in your hand face down onto the table.
16. Count up the same number of cards from the bottom of the face down pile as you got your successful hit on. (e.g. say their card came after the 4, count up 4 cards from the bottom of the face down pile, and push that card out with the other card which was chosen, and it is the card which the second person choose.