4 Friendly Kings (Variation)
Effect: This trick is exactly like the 4 Friendly Kings above. However, this variation allows for less chance of making a mistake. The magician has three Kings in his hand, and tells the audience one of their friends is missing in the forest (represented by the deck.) Then he tells of how the three Kings decide to go looking for their friend. He then squares up the Kings and puts them on top of the deck. He says the first King decides to go to the back of the forest, in case their friend came ou
. Magician puts the first King on the bottom of the deck. Then he says that the second of the Kings will look for the missing King inside the forest, so then he puts the second card in the middle of the deck. Lastly, he tells the audience that the third King decides he will wait for the missing King at the entrance to the forest, so he leaves the King on top. He then tells the audience that the three King's decided before they started to meet in the forest if they could not find him, to discuss their next move. The magician cuts the deck, flips the cards face over and finds the Kings are all together!!
1) Gather all four Kings.
2) Put one King on the top of the deck. Fan the other three out, and put one card (any card) behind the second King. (Make sure it is hidden.)
With the audience:
3) Tell the audience the story.
4) Sqaure the cards and put them on top of the deck.
5) Put first King on the bottom.
6) Put second "King" (really not a King) somewhere in the center.
7) Leave the third King on top.
8) Cut the deck, putting the bottom half of the deck onto the top.
9) Find the Kings in the deck with their missing friend!!
This variation is a little easier because there is only one fake card to hide and to put into the deck.