Magic Flick of a Finger
Effect: After the spectator tells you that you have the wrong card 6 times, you flick two cards away from his (or her) grip and the third one magically becomes his card.
1. Start dealing cards from the top of the deck. Memorize the fourth card (let's say that it's the Ace of Spades). After you've dealt five cards, tell the spectator to stop you anywhere.
2. After he tells you to stop, cut the leftover deck into three piles. Pick up the dealt cards and deal the first three cards onto the three piles. Nonchalantly give the spectator the next card (the Ace). Have him look at it and memorize it. Then have him put it back and shuffle at will.
3. Go through the deck and find the Ace. Remove and put aside the lower part of the deck so that the Ace is second from the bottom in the cards you're holding. Show the spectator the bottom card and ask "Is this your card?" He will say no. Turn the deck face down and with your left third finger secretly slip the bottom card toward you, while with your right second finger you slide out the next card (the Ace) and place it face down on the table. Remove the bottom card and put it on top of the deck. Show him the new bottom card and again ask if it is his. When he says no, put it down on the table, and remove the next bottom card and put it on top. Repeat once more.
4. Make sure the Ace is the card in the middle of the three on the table. Show the spectator the bottom card and ask him if it is his. Secretly slide it back and put the Ace on the table, then put the bottom card on top of the other. Ask if the next card is his and put it on the table. Act discouraged. Flash the next card to him and say, "This isn't your card either." Take his mind off the card because it will be the third time he has seen it, but no one ever notices.
5. After you place it on top of the other two, ask him to hold the three between his thumb and forefinger. The Ace is on bottom, so flick the top two away and smile. The Ace has magically appeared.
Next: Magic Pockets
Previous: Magic Breath