Always On Top
Effect: A spectator is asked to pick a card and return it to the top of the deck. Magician shows the card to spectator and puts it in the middle of the deck. Magically it rises back to the top.
1. First ask any spectator to select a card freely. Once they have selected the card and are looking at it, you palm the top card. This must be practiced in front of a mirror to make the palm look like you were simply squaring the deck.
2. You then let the spectator place their card on top of the deck.
3. Now, you take the card still palmed in your hand and place it on top of the deck. The most natural look is for you to square the deck, then, at that instant, just place it on top. It should look as if you simply squared the deck.
4. Then you must do a double turnover to show the spectators card still on top. You grab the top card and the second card (Spectators card) both by the corners and simply flip it and place it on top of the deck. In reality you are showing the second card, not the first.
5. Repeat this procedure and flip those 2 cards back face down on the top of the deck (Still seeming that the spectators card is indeed on top.
6. Then take the first card and place it in the middle of deck, this leaves the spectators card on top, as they think it has just traveled to the center of the deck.
7. Show the top card to be spectators.
Next: Variation: Always on Top
Previous: Acrobatic Aces